Protect Yourself, Protect Your Family, While Getting In Incredible Self Empowering Shape!
What Exactly Is Krav Maga?
Kraal Maga is a self-defense system developed for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from aikido, judo, boxing and wrestling, along with realistic fight training. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-life situations and its extremely efficient, and brutal counter-attacks. It was derived from street-fighting skills developed by Hungarian-Israeli martial artist Imi Lichtenfeld, who made use of his training as a boxer and wrestler as a means of defending the Jewish quarter against fascist groups in Bratislava, Czechoslovakia in the mid-to-late 1930s.
What Does Krav Maga Offer?
Krav Maga encourages students to avoid confrontation. If this is impossible or unsafe, it promotes finishing a fight as quickly as possible. Attacks are aimed at the most vulnerable parts of the body.
Drills provide maximum safety to students by the use of protective equipment and the use of reasonable force.
Students learn to defend against all variety of attacks and are taught to counter in the quickest and most efficient way.
- Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing aggression, neutralization, and simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers. What’s taught in the Krav Maga workouts include:
Counterattacking as soon as possible (or attacking preemptively).
- Targeting attacks to the body’s most vulnerable points, such as: the eyes, neckor throat, face, solar plexus, groin, ribs, knee, foot, fingers, liver, etc.
- Maximum effectiveness and efficiency in order to neutralize the opponent as quickly as possible.
- Simultaneous attack and defence
- Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack, and so on.
Training can also cover the study and development of situational awareness to develop an understanding of one’s surroundings, learning to understand the psychology of a street confrontation, and identifying potential threats before an attack occurs. It may also cover ways to deal with physical and verbal methods to avoid violence whenever possible.
Krav Maga: $99 a month. Saturday 9:30am, Sunday 10:30am.
Unlimited Krav Maga & Boxing Workouts: $147 a month.
Krav Maga Classes are on Saturday at 9:30am and Sunday at 10:30am.
Contact Rob Pilger Now to get started! 614-940-6049 Rob.Pilger@gmail.com